Wednesday 23 January 2013

Review: LA Colors Lipsticks

Hi Kikays! Here's my attempt to review my latest fab finds: LA Colors Lipstick in Pink Parfait and Matte Amethyst.
I often overlook this brand whenever I'm in department stores. 

Majority's usual perception is: if it's dirt cheap, quality is blah. As a self-proclaimed bargain-hunter,  I always pay attention to "dirt-cheap" items. They maybe on shelves, racks, sidewalk mats or glass cabinets. LA Colors Cosmetics has crazy cheap selections. You can fill your makeup bag for below P500! But as far as lippies go, you will not sacrifice quality. 

I was really looking for Wet 'n' Wild lippies that afternoon when gorgeous shades of LA Colors lipstick caught my eye. Then I fell in love with two colors. First is in Pink Parfait: 


The saleslady said "Ma'am mabili yan, Nicki Minaj ang peg mo." Kaloka si atey. I loved how she can identify who often sports at least the "major" shades. Yung isang red, si Kat Von D daw ang peg ko dun pag binili ko. 

This pink is not a joke. Just when you think you cant get anymore pink lipsticks, then bam!
The saleslady was right, this is Nicki Minaj pink. I know it may not be appropriate for office makeup look but kebs. My colleague said I have neon lips with this on. Haha


Highlights: Can be a dupe for MAC Pink Nouveau, consistency is like NYX round lipsticks

Longevity: Lasts for approx. 4 hours. You need to retouch within the day (or night)

Consistency and Pigmentation: It's a pale pink color, almost Barbie pink, that glides on smoothly on your lips. Very moisturizing, too! 

Others: I like that it smells like marshmallow. As for the packaging, the bullet is retracted way too high that if you're in a hurry, the bullet might hit the end of the cap. 




This shade up here is Matte Amethyst. That's my office mate Gee modelling the lippie (thanks Gee!). 

Wear this shade if you want something unusual on normal days. Just make sure you wear with just polished brows, and very subtle eye makeup. 



Highlights: This color is very unique and beautiful in every aspect. I'm not even kidding! On the packaging, it says it has Vitamin E and Aloe Vera

Longevity: Long lasting. Just a few touch ups after 4 hours as color tend to stay more on the center of your lips

Consistency and Pigmentation: It says it's matte, but it's actually creamy and you can even wear it without a lipbalm. Like the name suggests, it's an amethyst color. It actually depends on the color of your lips on how it'll look like. With mine on, it's a plummy color which doesn't shout "I'm wearing purple lipstick!"

Others: Just like Pink Parfait and other shades on this line, you'll love the unique contour tip of the bullet made for a more precise application

More swatches: 


With flash
Up: Pink Parfait | Down: Matte Amethyst

Without flash
Up: Pink Parfait | Down: Matte Amethyst

and the best part is, it's only P99 each! 





LA Colors Cosmetics is available in SM Department Stores (Watson's Section) and some Watson's independent stores 

4 comments:

  1. Sis what specific watsons store did you buy this one?? :)
    BTW Nice review! Nicki Minaj na Nicki Minaj :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear! I don't update this blog anymore so I just saw this. OMG this was two years ago, I'm so sorry! Anyway, I got these from Watson's Market Market

      Delete
  2. Hi kuripot queen! Ask ko lang po kung saan mo po nabili ung LA Colors na lipstick? Wala kasi akong makita na seller nito e. Gusto ko po kasing kumpletuhin ung LA Colors products para sa darating na Christmas may pang regalo ako sa sister ko. Yung meron palang kasi ako ung eye shadow inorder ko lang sya sa goods.ph (https://www.goods.ph/la-colors-ocean-breeze-9828.html), tapos ok naman ung feeling sa mata hindi mabigat. Thanks sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LA Colors Cosmetics is available in SM Department Stores (Watson's Section) and some Watson's independent stores

      Delete