Saturday 5 January 2013

Olive Oil, Baby Wipes and Pond's Cold Cream as Makeup Removers

Hi Kikays! So this is my first entry on this blog.. and it's about, makeup removers. Yes, instead of creating a post about cosmetics (which is the main theme of this blog), I found myself blogging about my favorite makeup removers. Coz I'm random like that. Hehe

Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Watson's fresh baby wipes & Pond's cold cream

As a makeup junkie, I need good products to take away all the gunk on my face at the end of the day to avoid breakout on my acne prone skin. Above are the ones I use depending on the amount of makeup I wear. Uh-huh, the little guy there that is most seen in kitchen pantries is a bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I learned about the wonders of EVOO from Michelle Phan, a makeup guru on YouTube. 


 A bottle costs from P120 to P150 and will take you less than a year to finish. I use this with a cotton pad to remove eye makeup. It's natural, very moisturizing and it doesn't have a pungent smell. I have a serious problem with my under eye area (dry and puffy) so this product is perfect. It may not reduce the puffiness, but it's delicate and moisturizing.  It can remove pigmented lipstick, too! Google other ways to use this and you'll be surprised that it's not only reliable in your cooking needs.


I cannot leave without wet wipes. There's nothing special about this one but I like the fact that it does the job while being affordable. I use one sheet all over my face. You can get three of these for P100 at Watsons. That's like P33 for a pack with 20 sheets. On the label it says: ultra mild, alcohol-free, hypoallergenic, contains aloe vera and vitamin E. This may not remove all the makeup on the days I'm fully made up hence I rely on EVOO or Pond's cold cream:


 This classic beauty essential that most of our mothers and grandmothers use is a good makeup remover while leaving skin soft and moisturized.  It removes stubborn eye makeup and even waterproof mascara. The goal is lather small amount on eyelids and under eye area, leave it for at least a minute, then wipe off using a cotton pad. It gently removes facial makeup, too. Ponds facial products used to trigger acne on my face but I'm surpirsed that this recent find does wonders! A tub of 100 ml costs around P130-P140.

What do you use as a makeup remover? Remember that good stuff need not to be expensive =)

No comments:

Post a Comment